Monday, June 11, 2012

Round 2 - This looks to be a go!!

As many of you've read last night or early this morning, the donor from yesterday was not match. As you might imagine, we ( Lorie and Dan) we're dissappointed, but knew it must have been for the right reasons.....and we were right. Apparently there were signs of fatty liver disease with the last donor. Quickly a another donor came up, and the Dr.s feel very confident this ones a go. Currently Dan has already been taken away, and is being prepped for surgery. That alone is expected to take an hour to an hour and half. Someone from the surgery team will come in and advise as to the beginning of the surgery. As Katie mentioned in yesterdays post, this surgery IS expected to be a long one. We're anticipating 12hrs, possibly longer.
I personally want to say "Thank You!" for all the prayers, well wishes, and of course the donations. Dan and I have been taken back by all the outpouring support we've received from near and far!
I will keep you posted throughout the night.........seeing as I will have ALOT of time on my hands while I wait!
Much Love - Lorie 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome news! My family and I will continue to pray for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful update Lorie! thank you for keeping us posted. Lots of prayers going out to Dan and you all. Such great news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorie, your post has brought tears of joy to my eyes! This is such wonderful news. I am not sure I have met you but just so you know I am an old friend of the Contreras, especially Ralphie. As you wait this out, my heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to you and Dan and all the rest of the family. ~ Teresa AKA TG

    ReplyDelete